Saturday, June 4, 2011

We Love Retro Caravans

Recently I discovered some old photos of my mum when she was little. The photos were of the inaugural family holidays in which they would take the caravan and head to the beach. I could not help but love the character of their little caravan that they had and it got me looking for pictures of retro caravans that have been restored. Whilst on my search for cute pictures, I discovered the book: My Cool Caravan written by Jane Field-Lewis and Chris Hadden. This book is surprisingly small however has so many different style of caravans you cannot love it! What I love so much about these cute caravans is the personality they embody. Through the striking design on the outside to the fabulous interiors with lots of floral, checker floor and all the old nic-nacs. You can tell that the people who own these vans have a lot of passion for them.

I would absolutely love to own one of these caravans, I would love it to be my little home away from home, my own little space for inspiration and work. Why have your office in a room with 4 walls when you could sit in your own caravan drinking tea and continuously feeling inspired. A girl can only dream...

I thought I would share some pictures from the book but also some other pictures that I just love. Enjoy xo


















2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all these pics - and so is my pinterest board!! Thanks for sharing, Cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old caravans too, great photos <3

    ReplyDelete