Monday, January 9, 2012

Selling Online

I am so excited for 2012!! The last week has been very busy as I have been going through all of the things for our online shop in preparation to start selling. I have set up my little office which I will photograph all of my products, answer buyer questions and package all of my items to send to wonderful customers.

As I have been addicted to vintage since I was in high school I have always dreamed of one day selling my wares and spreading the joy that comes with vintage items. I understand that it's not for everyone, but it is something that I truly love.

I will be selling my items online through etsy. I have never purchased or sold anything through this website but I am looking forward to joining their community of sellers and who knows where all this might lead to? I will start of selling small items like handbags, belts, earrings, shoes, sunglasses. Once I get hang of selling these items and how etsy works, I will start to sell clothing, and boy do I have a lot of wonderful clothing pieces to sell. At the moment, I am photographing lots of items and will hopefully have these listed by the end of this week.

I thought I would share some photos of my office that I have set up. The desk and 2 bookcases are all from IKEA. The cute chair was built by my great grandfather and I am currently seeking a cute checkered cushion. The pretty painting is called the "weeping rose" and is by Tretchikoff. It was given to me by a colleague at work. It is such a stunning picture, I absolutely love it so much. I love the colours and I often find myself wondering about the meaning of it. My other items include a cute cath kidston tray which was a gift from my mum and the various nick nacks which I have placed on this tray are all thrifted finds. I particularly love the pin cushion which is made from a teacup. It is absolutely adorable. I recently picked up the peach coloured shell from a thrift store and purchased the eiffel tower book ends from target last year. I was given the magnetic white board for christmas and it is from Typo and I have had the cute cupcake and cake magnets for a while which now have the perfect new home. My macaroon tins are from spotlight.






 















No comments:

Post a Comment